Welcome to Compensation Administration!
A well-defined classification structure and compensation system is the foundation every organization needs to manage its most important resources - people. FIU’s new classification structure of 2015 marks the beginning of a continuous journey to attract and retain talented administrative and staff employees. The Compensation Administration Department within the Division of Human Resources is privileged to develop and maintain a comprehensive market based compensation and relevant classification structure which supports the mission of Florida International University. Our compensation philosophy serves as a guide which supports this mission and is designed to align our values, business strategy, operational and financial needs with our FIUBeyondPossible 2020 plan!
With this foundation in place, we improve internal programs, systems and processes related to employment with FIU both now and in years to come!
The Compensation Administration Department’s responsibilities include:
- Developing compensation programs, policies, and procedures to meet the needs of the University administrators as they attract, retain, motivate, develop, and organize their diverse workforce.
- Ensuring compliance with federal and state compensation laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Balancing the need for internal equity while recognizing the desire to be market competitive.
- Evaluating positions consistently and classifying them into appropriate job titles ensuring that they are internally equitable, while recognizing the need to be market competitive.
- Developing and maintaining the classification and compensation structures.
Some of the services provided by the Compensation Administration Department include:
- Providing compensation related information, tools and training to HR Liaisons and University Administrators.
- Conducting salary surveys and gathering market data to assist University Administrators in making informed salary decisions.
- Advising HR Liaisons and University Administrators in compensation matters; including establishment of new positions, promotions, transfers, demotions, reorganizations and salary increases.
- Providing current position descriptions to administrative and staff employees.
- Providing departments with Organizational Charts.
- Assisting in departmental re-organizations.
For the Cost of Living Comparison Calculator please visit here