Florida International University has over 8,000 employees and it is those individuals that make our institution great! Maintaining positive relationships with our varied and diverse employee groups is a top priority because their work is vital to the education, research, and outreach mission of this University.
Employee & Labor Relations’ (ELR) goal and objective is to ensure that the University is in compliance with Federal, State and local laws, Collective Bargaining Agreements and University Policies and Procedures when managing our greatest resource – University employees.
Statement of Confidentiality
If you wish to discuss a matter with Employee & Labor Relations, confidentiality will be maintained to the extent possible and consistent with legal requirements. If the matter involves unlawful conduct or is critical to the interests of the University, an investigation may be necessary. The information gathered may need to be shared on a need-to-know basis.
Employee & Labor Relations' areas of responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement University Policies and Procedures
- Coordinate and administer the complaint/grievance/arbitration processes
- Review and approve Nepotism Disclosures
- Administer the Work/Life Balance Programs
- Manage the Separation of Employment/Exit Review Process
What can we (ELR) do for you?
- Provide interpretations of University Policies, Collective Bargaining Agreements, and applicable employment laws
- Provide supervisors sound and consistent advice in all ELR related matters to increase job productivity, engage employees, improve job performance, and reduce turnover
- Consult with and assist employees with issues, concerns or difficulties they may be experiencing at the workplace
- Advise HR Liaisons and University Administrators by providing information, tools and training in ELR matters
- Consult with and advise management of the progressive disciplinary process and implement actions accordingly
- Provide assistance in the Performance Management process