The objective of the Payroll Department is to ensure that all University employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
The Payroll Department’s responsibilities include:
- Providing cost-effective payroll processing that is accurate, timely and in compliance with University Policy and all Federal and State agencies.
- Ensuring all deductions, benefits and taxes are correctly deducted and reported timely to the appropriate agency.
- Attaining the most current understanding of Federal, State and University regulations regarding payroll in order to provide accurate information.
Some of the services provided by the Payroll Department are:
- Providing assistance to the university community with the resolution of operational problems related to employee’s salaries.
- Advising HR Liaisons and Managers in payroll related matters, including processing of salary payments, time and leave reporting, and related accounting and reporting.
- Maintaining a high-level of involvement and quality communication with the departments to ensure that service is responsive and supportive to their needs and goals.