University employees receive information about laws and best practices covering discrimination and sexual misconduct in the workplace as part of new employee experience (NEE).
In addition, EOPD conducts lively, interactive trainings throughout the University community, covering federally protected categories and cultural sensitivity. These trainings serve to heighten awareness of employee rights, provide interesting real life scenarios of demonstrated discrimination/harassment, and educate the University community on the “dos and dont’s” of work environment behavior, with hopes to creating the most productive, respectful and inclusive learning and working environment.
Moreover, a variety of training and educational presentation are available for the FIU community. The Office of Equal Opportunity Programs and Diversity can come to your office or department/division to conduct a Title IX training session to include one or more of the following:
- Information sessions for Faculty and Staff on Title IX, explaining types of sex discrimination, reporting obligations, and resources for students
- Information sessions for new students on Title IX
- Information sessions for students in transition (embarking on study abroad, internships, etc.)
- Training for graduate assistants, teaching assistants, and other student-employees
- Specialty training or presentations tailored to individual needs
- Quarterly lunch and learn presentations
To request a presentation please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Programs and Diversity at firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 348-2785. Training course offerings to the University community are listed on http://professionaldevelopment.fiu.edu.