The objective if the Employee Records Department is to ensure that
The Employee Records Department’s responsibilities include:
- Maintaining all employees’ records to ensure compliance and confidentiality.
- Work with General Council in responding to subpoenas and records request when releasing employee information.
- Provide written and verbal employment verification.
- Process of unemployment claims and other employment related inquiries.
- Screening of all new hires and existing employees on federal contracts via E-Verify.
Some of the services provided by the Employee Records Department are:
- Advising HR Liaisons and Managers in employee records related matters, including processing of HR transactions.
- Respond to records request in a timely manner.
- Ensure and maintain documentation in personnel files.
- Provide excellent customer service to the departments to ensure that service is responsive and supportive to their needs and goals.
- Address communication updates to the University community.